HE SAID, MARIE, MARIE, HOLD ON TIGHT

And when we were children, staying at the archduke's,
My cousin's, he took me out on a sled,
And I was frightened. He said, Marie,
Marie, hold on tight. And down we went.
In the mountains, there you feel free.
I read, much of the night, and go south in the winter.

~ The Waste Land, "The Burial of The Dead", Eliot

Saturday, February 03, 2007
Excuse me but can I be you for a while
My dog won't bite if you sit real still
I got the anti-Christ in the kitchen yellin' at me again
Yeah I can hear that
Been saved again by the garbage truck
I got something to say you know
But nothing comes
Yes I know what you think of me
You never shut-up
Yeah I can hear that

But what if I'm a mermaid
In these jeans of his
With her name still on it
Hey but I don't care
Cause sometimes
I said sometimes
I hear my voice
And it's been here
Silent All These Years

So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thougts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts
Boy you best pray that I bleed real soon
How's that thought for you
My scream got lost in a paper cup
You think there's a heaven
Where some screams have gone
I got 25 bucks and a cracker
Do you think it's enough
To get us there

Cause what if I'm a mermaid
In these jeans of his
With her name still on it
Hey but I don't care
Cause sometimes
I said sometimes
I hear my voice
And it's been here
Silent All These.

Years go by
Will I still be waiting
For somebody else to understand
Years go by
If I'm stripped of my beauty
And the orange clouds
Raining in head
Years go by
Will I choke on my tears
Till finally there is nothing left
One more casualty
You know we're too easy Easy Easy

Well I love the way we communicate
Your eyes focus on my funny lip shape
Let's hear what you think of me now
But baby don't look up
The sky is falling
Your mother shows up in a nasty dress
It's your turn now to stand where I stand
Everybody lookin' at you here
Take hold of my hand
Yeah I can hear them

tori amos, silent all these years

Comments:
speak girl, speak.
hello pak :/ i miss you. i will try talk to you soon - so much needs doing!
"What's so amazing about really deep thoughts?"

:)
yes that sounds familiar. -_-
hey pak, how are you?
drop me a mail sometime.
so you can gossip about me!?
huh, where got! guys don't gossip you silly thing. we talk about the subject right in front of them.

or as right in front as possible?

hey sam, what's up. i'm going germany tml to buy meat because the ones in switzerland is way too expensive.
precisely.

all the way to germany just to buy meat? heh. what the hell. sometimes i wish i were in europe. it would be so fun.

dawn had a haircut and has taken to wearing preppy shirts. (thanks goodness the whole gothic thing is over)
well, not as much as all the way as much as across the border; basel, baden and alsace comprise of the regio trirhena, forming an almost neat triangle.

eeew. goth dawn. eew eew eew. i might just throw my aglio olio up. but then again it's no fish :D
PAKS AGLIO OLIO OBVIOUSLY WAS COOKED BY HIM AND THEREFORE WASNT WORTH FISH.
GOTH WAS HOT. (it just got a little time consuming. goth is good for holidays only.)

and "basel, baden and alsace comprise of the regio trirhena, forming an almost neat triangle." sigh the names sound almost good to eat.

"thank goodness the whole gothic thing was over". but yes, thank goodness the whole thing is over. :)
see. we've actually got a comments conversation going on. this is great.

and you guys should be glad you're not eating crappy dining hall food everyday (although i did have angel hair pasta and mussels - for 5 bucks - 3 days ago).

i'm glad its over too. can i be linked back now, please? :)
ill think about it.
"see. we've actually got a comments conversation going on. this is great."

and the name of the soundtrack behind it is "silent all these years"
:) ok ill link you soon!
today i cooked for my flatmates and they loved it. asian cooking ftw?

groceries in germany is ridiculously cheap, i spent 30 euros on items that will last me for months; now my kitchen is complete, now i can cook almost anything.

and sam is damn funny lar, like kanna locked out of his house by his fuming angry wife =x hell clearly has no fury like a woman scorned.

or who puts on white foundation and immense black mascara.
oh, and obviously my aglio olio's wayyyy better than your fish ;p


[publishing] Publishers Weekly . Dystel & Goderich . New York Center for Independent Publishing . Association of American University Presses . Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators

[people] clarisse . nurul . aunty zarina (ummi's bakery) . jeremy . pak . cyril . softblow . karen & kenny (booksactually) . eric . joel .

[other loves] digitaljournalist . ballet dictionary . poetshouse . urbanwordnyc

[me] dawn, singapore, new york city, ithaca.

[yesterday] i carry myself in myself
splitpapayas.com
当年
trainstop (not sure if i got the translation right)
the wages of dying is love
MMMMMMM
SPLITPAPAYAS
IVAdrienne Rich:who watch for my mistakes in gramm...
Its four in the morning, the end of DecemberI'm wr...
lightness and heaviness

[archives] January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?