HE SAID, MARIE, MARIE, HOLD ON TIGHT

And when we were children, staying at the archduke's,
My cousin's, he took me out on a sled,
And I was frightened. He said, Marie,
Marie, hold on tight. And down we went.
In the mountains, there you feel free.
I read, much of the night, and go south in the winter.

~ The Waste Land, "The Burial of The Dead", Eliot

Saturday, September 22, 2007
to all coldplay lovers, announcement!
go check out brit indie rock band, elbow, their stuff is less pretentious and less electrical than coldplay, eg "fugitive model," and (my favourite) "asleep in the back." their lyrics are more raw, eg from "asleep in the back" you got this line "My twisted heart is yours/ The faithless shit is yours." i like it. that song also subtly, sneakily adds brassy trumpets, without being overbearing.
"asleep in the back" brings back memories of rgs, the song popped into my head, and i listened to it back then, without knowing what song it was. it's so good to hear it again, after so many years.
calling him in new york while he is high is the funniest experience ever. he keeps giggling and saying "stop it! oh! you're blowing my mind!" i make him promise not to go beyond weed, and he starts crooning, "awww, dawn, thanks! " he says his roommate's not doing it with him, cos its yom kippur, but sitting next to him while he's smoking up. and i laugh and he giggles and i can't help but think the situation is unimaginably funny and start giggling too.
calls like this dapple nyc, bright, bright like a yellow submarine. though ithaca is a sweet hippie town, and i have this funny retro bicycle with yellow bars and green flowers called betty which i ride to get to school everyday, i take my guitar out every friday now to a geriatric home, and i plan to grow my hair super long, like rgs days, all the way beyond my waist again.

[publishing] Publishers Weekly . Dystel & Goderich . New York Center for Independent Publishing . Association of American University Presses . Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators

[people] clarisse . nurul . aunty zarina (ummi's bakery) . jeremy . pak . cyril . softblow . karen & kenny (booksactually) . eric . joel .

[other loves] digitaljournalist . ballet dictionary . poetshouse . urbanwordnyc

[me] dawn, singapore, new york city, ithaca.

[yesterday] excerpts from various poems i am working on
was supposed to do my work, instead i ended up loo...
i said, congratulations, i think your baby is beau...
the people in my life drive me crazy and i love them
an old classmate sent me a short message. i will h...
way down upon the suwannee river
i don't believe in the power of poetry. i think po...
saussure and classes, dancing, made me happy today...
the road behind the house
the breaking of all spells

[archives] January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?