HE SAID, MARIE, MARIE, HOLD ON TIGHT

And when we were children, staying at the archduke's,
My cousin's, he took me out on a sled,
And I was frightened. He said, Marie,
Marie, hold on tight. And down we went.
In the mountains, there you feel free.
I read, much of the night, and go south in the winter.

~ The Waste Land, "The Burial of The Dead", Eliot

Friday, February 15, 2008
replying to yantai
刘凤! 我怎么能忘记你! 我的中文退步了。 每天和美国人交往,我把中文字都忘得一干二净,可是我没忘记你。 你好吗? 下雪了! 外面一片空白。 我在报纸上读到,中国好冷。你要保暖ok?
对了!我又搬家了。现在和十三个美国女生和一个上海女生住在一个大屋子里。 我们也有一只小花猫, 她的名字是"chopper", 翻译就是"大刀"或直升飞机吧。 我当然爱和我的新加坡朋友享受天伦之了。 可是,在我的新家,我不用代表新加坡人,我不被困在那个小组,这是一个自由吧。
这个冬假, 我回到新加坡, 我的大哥结婚了。 昨天就是情人节。 我和我们家里的小猫有一个浪漫的约回。 你呢? 你找了对手吗? :)


much later: my friend replies with an email, telling me all my chinese mistakes. the funniest which is my mistakenly writing 对手 (adversary) when i mean 对象 (date, boyfriend, fiance). chinese freudian slips.

[publishing] Publishers Weekly . Dystel & Goderich . New York Center for Independent Publishing . Association of American University Presses . Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators

[people] clarisse . nurul . aunty zarina (ummi's bakery) . jeremy . pak . cyril . softblow . karen & kenny (booksactually) . eric . joel .

[other loves] digitaljournalist . ballet dictionary . poetshouse . urbanwordnyc

[me] dawn, singapore, new york city, ithaca.

[yesterday] my funny valentine
home
animal lives
the republic
from wikipedia, under the keyword search "biopower...
Joyas Voladoras
duck time
a certain violence
superbowl
slush and snow

[archives] January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?